Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dangerous Man

Well, the people have spoken.  A nation of frustrated unemployed workers think the Democrats haven't done enough to fix the economy that George Bush and his ilk broke.  Fair enough, but what will the new guys in town do to bring about a recovery.  Well, probably about what they did before the election --NOTHING.

Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader of the Senate, wants to put the United States in default. .  This would be accomplished by refusing to increase the nation's debt ceiling.  This would cause a global economic panic which could plunge our country into another recession or depression.  His goal is to black mail President Obama into defunding Health Care reform in exchange for increasing the nation's debt ceiling.

Of course, what do you expect from a man who said his primary goal is to make sure Obama is a one term president.  Shouldn't your primary goal be to help the American public?  The most frighting thing is the new guys are so far right of McConnell, we might think he's a liberal by this time next year.  Even a King can't make idiots into thoughtful leaders.  Hang on for a rough ride.

3 comments:

  1. George Bush and his elk

    Shouldn't that be ilk?

    One is a large, easily spooked herd animal that postures and and bugles (a loud series of vocalizations which establishes dominance) when in a rut.

    The other is an elk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems about standard policy for the Republicans. Bray and threaten until they get their way and then blame someone else when things fall apart from doing said way.

    I'd ask what the hell American's were thinking, but then I look at some of the gems of politicians we have up here in Canada and remember it can be just as bad where I'm from.

    What the hell ever happened to the idea of "public" service?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Part of me says, well you stupids, I'm gonna watch while all your dreams evaporate, and part of me says, of shit, we are going down. I am furious, I am afraid, I am angry and spiteful I am sad I am in a democracy with such stupid people.

    ReplyDelete