Monday, March 14, 2011

March Madness

One of my favorite times of the year is March Madness -- since I coached basketball for 26 years.  I am sure lots of you are filling out brackets right now.  Hurry up, the main draw of 64 start Thursday.  As your potential King, I though I would share some of my expertise with you.  I should warn you, I don't always do that well, because I tend to pick teams who have coaches I like.  With that in mind, my long shot pick to win it all is ------- San Diego State (32-2).
I use to coach high school basketball against their coach Steve Fisher.  He's a class guy who won a national championship at Michigan.  You might know him as the coach of the Fab 5.  Because of outside trouble makers he lost his job at Michigan, but eventually landed on his feet at SDS.  He probably got a raw deal at Michigan and I am glad he's getting another shot.  If you take Duke to win it all, and they lay an egg, remember I told you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment